Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ACS- experience required north west! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

Hi,
I have done my level 2 and 3 City and Guilds, i'm water regs and unvented (NICEIC) certified.

As you will be aware before being admitted to an ACS centre, I will need to have experience and evidence of supervised work in gas servicing, installations and fault finding etc

I am looking for the opportunity to work alongside a Gas Safe Registered Plumber somewhere in the northwest in order to achieve the necessary experience. I am based in Bolton but am willing to travel to surrounding areas.

I am perfectly happy to accept a low wage, or work unwaged for commutable locations for the opportunity to work towards my future.
C.V available on request.

Regards

Kevan

Last edited by a moderator:
you sat C&G L2&3 but have not put down if these r 6129 or 6089

Hahaha migo u make the laugh lol. the C&G 2/3 is the 6129 and the 6089.

Hahaha migo u make the laugh lol. the C&G 2/3 is the 6129 and the 6089.

??????????? what do you mean, C&G is an awading body for 6129 and 6089, as the original post only said C&G i was asking which one?

its like saying i have a 1.3l car and then being asked which one

Well i was informed that City and Guilds Level 2 is the 6129 Technical Cert and the City and Guilds Level 3 is the 6089 Cert. I can only relay what i have been told.

Well i was informed that City and Guilds Level 2 is the 6129 Technical Cert and the City and Guilds Level 3 is the 6089 Cert. I can only relay what i have been told.

sorry mate your wrong.

the 6129 is a tech cert and there is one at each level

the 6089 is the NVQ at each level

the 6129 is not classed as the full qual but was designed to give you a 'step up' before you get site experience and qualify with the 6089 nvq which is the full qual

because only 10% at best ever upgraded they are dropping the tech cert. from this summer there will only be a diploma (new name for NVQ) In fact there will be no nvq's in anything after this year (although some may request keeping the brand)

Ok well the 6129 that is on the short courses is the level 2 so wot is level 1 how to recognise a copper pipe hahahahaha. sorry m8. Your also mistaken about it not being a full quali as the 6129 level 2 is regognised in its own right and is also recognised by local councils unlike the 6128 which is not because of the non existence of the lead weather side of things.

Ok well the 6129 that is on the short courses is the level 2 so wot is level 1 how to recognise a copper pipe hahahahaha. sorry m8. Your also mistaken about it not being a full quali as the 6129 level 2 is regognised in its own right and is also recognised by local councils unlike the 6128 which is not because of the non existence of the lead weather side of things.
the 6128 is a different trade mate. that is the heating and ventilating qual which is a different trade in its own right. this tends to be for people working in commercial and industrial buildings. hence no lead weatherings. incidently lead will not be part of the new plumbing qual anyway, only as an opptional extra

there is no level 1 in plumbing

the 6129 is a certificate in its own right but not classed as the full qual mate. the 6089 is. ask any employer of any stature if they would recognise an NVQ higher than a tec cert

hiretools, didnt find your post amusing. but most people deserve a chance, and as it happens i might be able to. I prefer to help rather than laugh at people. when you get to that point - then you can laugh at me.
all the best.

whoever is telling you is saying the wrong thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS- experience required north west! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock