Discuss A leaky immersion tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

H

huggy_bizzle

I have a gas boiler in the kitchen which heats the water to the upstairs immersion heater/tank. Last night, my girlfriend and I had a bath each, which in turn took up all the hot water from the tank and during the night, it started leaking (while in bed, I heard droplets of water, that seeped through the upstairs floor and onto the floor downstairs. I have the boiler set to heat up at about 3:30 in the morning for 1 hour and then again at about 5:30 in the evening for a further hour, which usually gives us enough hot water for the day. To stop the dripping water I turned on the immersion tank and set the boiler to heat up for an hour (this was at about midnight). It took about 45 minutes but the leaking slowed to a halt, does anybody have any idea why this has happened?

Reply to A leaky immersion tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock