Discuss 8x4 sheets and traffic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know if a sheet of 8x4 ply, plasterboard will fit in a Renault traffic/ vivaro if I stand the on edge from corner to corner? I've got racking in at the moment but I'm doing more where I need to fit sheets in so if they would it would be a bonus.

Does anyone know if a sheet of 8x4 ply, plasterboard will fit in a Renault traffic/ vivaro if I stand the on edge from corner to corner? I've got racking in at the moment but I'm doing more where I need to fit sheets in so if they would it would be a bonus.

Blimey a plumber without a tape measure! :6:

Sorry mate, couldn`t resist.

What's one of them? Remember I do live in Cornwall we haven't heard of such things.

I am struggling to measure because of my racking but I think it will but it's very tight.

long or short wheel base?

It will fit in a short wheel base, corner to corner (at least it did in my old one)
Got a swb medium roof Tranny now, sheets fit straight in and I can nearly stand up in it

It's a short wheel base.

I think they will fit straight in laid down at the bottom but that would mean removing all my racking and starting again where as if they will fit from corner to corner I only have to alter 1 rack.

Dont forget. Its 2440 x 1220. They still sell it imperial. All mine go on the roof.

It's a short wheel base.

I think they will fit straight in laid down at the bottom but that would mean removing all my racking and starting again where as if they will fit from corner to corner I only have to alter 1 rack.

Won't go in of there's a bulkhead

They fit in easy enough standing up corner to corner.
They can fit in between the back wheel arches if you lay them flat as the bulkhead slopes forward at the bottom.

Dont forget. Its 2440 x 1220. They still sell it imperial. All mine go on the roof.
A lot of ply ( marine) is still sold as 8ft x4ft. Caught me out after spacing some floor joists at 400mm centres.

YES I've got the Swb and ply fits in corner to corner wedged between the bulk head and door, the swb is 2inch too short to fit ply in flat on the floor

The only thing is that none of us know the size of the racking. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8x4 sheets and traffic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi. I moved in to a new build home and 3 years later (after the builders warranty expires) the boiler is slipping off the wall at one side...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m currently in the process of refurbing my house, and have opted to wet UFH for the whole of the downstairs. The upstairs will be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am fitting a new bathroom, and changing the layout. I've fitted one bathroom before, but I did have issues with smells occasionally, that...
Replies
Views
Can I fit a water meter to this, and if so would anyone know what make and what I would need to do to fit it, picture attached
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock