Search the forum,

Discuss Non-Standard pipe connection - please help! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally.

I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits.

I can't cut a new hole above, because it would be too high. I can't go into the floor cavity without lifting two layers of marine ply that I've just put down - plus I think the manifold continues under there that I don't think a tee would fit on to.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or even a bodge?

Attachments

• 20230928_193035.jpg
    20230928_193035.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230928_193043.jpg
    20230928_193043.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230928_193138.jpg
    20230928_193138.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 19
What the Damn is that fitting. Is that even air tight? it looks like the branch is just loose in the top of the boss pipe.

Check for a name or product number on the boss then try and find the right adaptor or shop around for a variety of sizes until you get lucky

What the Damn is that fitting. Is that even air tight? it looks like the branch is just loose in the top of the boss pipe.

Check for a name or product number on the boss then try and find the right adaptor or shop around for a variety of sizes until you get lucky
Yeah, I dunno - it keeps the toilet waste separate from the bath/basin waste internally. It's all sealed and works fine tho yeah

It's just the opening - I've really searched online, but every boss adaptor I can find is around 67-68mm. Is there some other adaptor I would look for? Or a place that sells non-standard/to order parts?

Otherwise I was thinking of bodging it in by trimming a boss adaptor down with a stanley, and then using silicone.

Then maybe covering the whole thing using one of these -
Thoughts?

2” coupling or 2” reducer will fit

Or have you tried a 11/2 coupling ?

Thanks

Do you mean like this sort of thing?

Could I solvent weld on to the manifold opening?

Yes or the external part

Reply to Non-Standard pipe connection - please help! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock