Search the forum,

Discuss £44.00 for a single replacement City & Guilds certificate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NickDavies

So they were thrown out by mistake many years ago, when awarded back in the day they came rolled up in a cardboard tube (similar to an empty kitchen roll tube) which my ex wife claimed she thought was rubbish in my Man cave that she should have not trespassed into anyway.

Never really needed them in the intervening years as my Heating,Ventilating and Domestic Engineers NJIC indentures and a 10 minute chat were usually enough to convince any UK supervisor or manager who knows anything about mechanical services that I am a bona fide engineer.

However, several weeks ago I had an interview with a company (better not to name them on this forum) one of the managers was a young fellow half my age and I had to keep asking what he was saying as I could not understand barely a word he said, anyway when I showed him my completed indentures he asked for the Guilds certificates and that was a bit of a problem, no guilds = no job.

So online £44.00 for a city and Guilds search and replacement certificate, what a let down, my original guilds were quite ornate and printed on heavy weight cream paper with a proper watermark.....the replacements that turned up were nothing like the original...............

£44.00 for some flimsy paper with a hologram and a printed signature? it's a bit rich to charge such a sum and only provide a quite basic looking certificate, but at least the next time some back stabbing career ladder climbing johnny come lately type who can't speak clearly asks for my guilds I will be able to oblige.

Last week my wife had a telephone interview with an agency, who'd head hunted her.
The young man asked her, as she did not have a degree if she could send copies of her A levels as the company would need evidence of her educational level.
She explained, that she no longer had these pieces of paper but could find her cycling proficiency certificate, which they could view.
She has worked in her industry IT, for nearly 40 years and told the chap not to bother putting her forward, if that was the company policy she's not interested.

I laminated mine years ago.
Do remember it turning up in a large bog roll back in 1985!

I had to pay for mine again too and the sillabus so it wasn't cheap but it saved me having to pay for qualifications I've already got and sitting through hours of listening to what I already know being spewed out across a classroom

I'm sure some of us feel the same !

Last edited:
found mine the other week also my apprenticship certificate from Brithish gas north western 1976 for city and guild 1977 for the apprenticship cert it was a 4 year term then

btw the certificate came in an A4 envelope which had "do not bend" plastered all over it............guess what the postman did? lol

thanks to everyone for making me feel at home : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £44.00 for a single replacement City & Guilds certificate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock