Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way diverter pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kls

Hi,
all advice greatly recieved

I have a gravity fed non pumped hot/cold water supply to my bathroom
I am fitting a low pressure suitable 3 way diverter which will feed my bath filler a static shower head and a hand shower.
I will use the original water supply from my bath taps
These are 22mm pipe
My real question is,
Do i continuue the 22mm pipe directly to the diverter inlets and the use 15 mm outlets to the hand and static shower and 22 mm to the bath filler or do i reduce the size from 22 mm to 15 mm to the inlets on the diverter and use 15 mm for all the outlets.
Or another combination
Can someone advise please.

Thank you

The rule of thumb for gravity systems is to keep as much in 22mm as possible before you reduce down, though sometimes it's impractical. When you reduce down you increase viscous drag on fluids passing through. Try to use slow bends as opposed to elbows. Fortunately with modern high pressure plumbing these issues are rarely encountered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 way diverter pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Hi I want to move the feed to my rads , as the route is too long,this would mean leaving approx 3 m of 22 mm flow and return plpework down beside...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
J
Vado celcius 2 way divert bath filler or shower, fed by salamander pump, water pressure and temperature to shower outlet works perfectly well...
Replies
Views
A
I have a mixer shower with standard 15cm inlet pipe spacing designed to accept vertical (downward) inlet pipes. The plumbing from my wall has two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock