Search the forum,

Discuss 28i jr turned on for llgsc doesn't work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

Went to do a landlords gas check last night.

Boiler was off at the wall, tenant in the middle of moving in. She said the boilers been switched off for approx 3-4 weeks since the last tenant moved out.

I switched it on, blue light illuminated for power straight away. Created a demand, pump runs but nothing. No pulse from the fan, after approx 10-15 seconds blue light is flashing on/off every second. Checked mis it is saying fan or pcb.

Neither ch or hw is working.

I'm thinking pcb but could it also be the fan is faulty and has taken the board out with it? Tenant has said she is not going to be living in there properly for 2 weeks as sorting stuff out so I have plenty of time to get back.

Hoping to order the parts this morning and get back Monday night.

Thanks

Test if there's the correct voltage going to the fan

If not pcb

Hi guys

Went to do a landlords gas check last night.

Boiler was off at the wall, tenant in the middle of moving in. She said the boilers been switched off for approx 3-4 weeks since the last tenant moved out.

I switched it on, blue light illuminated for power straight away. Created a demand, pump runs but nothing. No pulse from the fan, after approx 10-15 seconds blue light is flashing on/off every second. Checked mis it is saying fan or pcb.

Neither ch or hw is working.

I'm thinking pcb but could it also be the fan is faulty and has taken the board out with it? Tenant has said she is not going to be living in there properly for 2 weeks as sorting stuff out so I have plenty of time to get back.

Hoping to order the parts this morning and get back Monday night.

Thanks

If you have to change both parts its going to be more cost effective to use Worcester for a fixed price repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 28i jr turned on for llgsc doesn't work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is stored in the loft and is connected to Hive. It is coming on randomly at various times of the day, but particularly middle of the night, and staying on until I manually turn the boiler off. Hive schedule is switched off but still comes on. Had an...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, My boiler is a Worcester 28i Junior and the fan switches itself on for no reason. The timer will be off and the hating may have been off for several hours but it does this intermittently throughout the day and night. We have noticed that our electricity bills are higher than normal and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock