Search the forum,

Discuss 24cdi of combi fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone give me a quick hand with this fault-i have a 24 cdi of with ignition fault-slow flashing central heating light, when u reset pump runs and light flashes again any help would be great as i dont have the sequence of operation to hand

CH slow flash is a burner lockout from memory, is it sparking? continuity across gas v/v solenoids?

no spark as soon as you reset, pump runs and back to ignition fault does anyone have sequence of operations?

Have you tried switching of main power to boiler ? leave for 1min swirch back on then retry ! could be either -- spark electrode /control board / or gas valve, You need multimeter to check a few things out.

Last edited:
Check the O/H stat, APS, Then fan.

It wont be gas valve spark electrode etc unless the fan has come on and APS has made.

Didnt see that bit should really read things properly,ignore me on that bit then

Check O/H stat, Just had a quick look through the online manual there is a flue stat aswell check that.

thanks for the replys, i got roped into looking at a boiler for a friend of a friend after work with only a screw driver and his by chance his multi meter- im still not 100% but i think its the pcb, main thermistor was in range-spillage stat ok , over heat stat had continuity- its the only thing left really, didnt check gas valve but not even getting to point of ignition-

as soon as boiler is reset even with no demand pump runs and lock out light flashes, almost as if the boiler is in frost protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 24cdi of combi fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water and central heating. When it operates it takes anything from one to several attempts to light and when it takes too many the lockout circuit is...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a booming/banging sound randomly. This is a noise like a pocket of gas igniting and can be loud enough to make you jump. It's been impossible for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH. When the pump activates, it runs for exactly 4 minutes each time and this can happen as frequently as something like 5 times an hour or as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock