Search the forum,

Discuss 20 years old, which is best route to take? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

confused90

So after working for a year ive decided i need to really think about my future and what career path i want to take.

Im thinking of becoming a plumber, i was advised a couple of years ago by most of my family but ignored them as i had other interests at the time. Now i realise that its a very rewarding career and something i think i will be good at.

I really am new to this and have no idea where to begin. After reading a few threads on here ive come across a lot of courses such as t4ts which sounds good but has also been given a lot of negative reviews. Should i take a course like this or go through college?

Well you pretty much just missed enrollment for college mate. but your local college MAYBE enrolling late people. So i would give them a call and try and do your City and guilds plumbing technical certificate 6129

Lol, try and do my what? sounds like theres so many qualifications i need to work my way through. I know ive just missed college enrolment, should have thought of this last month! Maybe work for another year and begin when im 21, just havent got £5k+ to spend on a course which doesnt seem to last long, want to make sure i do it the best way

Lol, try and do my what? sounds like theres so many qualifications i need to work my way through. I know ive just missed college enrolment, should have thought of this last month! Maybe work for another year and begin when im 21, just havent got £5k+ to spend on a course which doesnt seem to last long, want to make sure i do it the best way

Best way is college
With an aprentaship

Do college mate you are still very young avoid fasttrack at your age it will overwhelm you , try British gas.
DFD67465-8F71-B9AF-A211-C6B205045DB6

Thanks for the reply, ive just missed enrollment for the college this year so think im going to continue working and enroll next year, will still be 21, plenty of time ahead of me.

Dont waste your time thinking you have missed it, im currently in college and people are dropping out of the classes so there is still places left. Just give them a call and see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 20 years old, which is best route to take? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock