Discuss 2 port valve only works with cover off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msw109

Recently fitted a new actuator and head unit to a Honeywell 2 port valve on the hot water. When calling for hot water, the valve opens, the pump runs but no boiler. When I take the cover off the valve and call for hot water, it works normally. This was the case on the previous valve that was fitted and is now repeated on the new one. Any suggestions as to the fault? It seems to work fine with cover off, but not when it's on!!!

Have you tried disconnecting the earth wire from the cover...? Its the only thing I can think of but even that's a stab in the dark.. I'd be extremely interested to know what the reason is if you ever find out...

I have exactly the same problem. I have fitted the cover as loosely as possible without tightening the screws and it will not work. Remove the cover and everything works fine.

It is a complete mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 port valve only works with cover off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back