Discuss 2 port valve only works with cover off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msw109

Recently fitted a new actuator and head unit to a Honeywell 2 port valve on the hot water. When calling for hot water, the valve opens, the pump runs but no boiler. When I take the cover off the valve and call for hot water, it works normally. This was the case on the previous valve that was fitted and is now repeated on the new one. Any suggestions as to the fault? It seems to work fine with cover off, but not when it's on!!!

Blimey cant wait for the answers on this one lol.

Screw to long ??

I left the screw off the new cover and just pushed it on so the elecs are covered!!

Have you tried disconnecting the earth wire from the cover...? Its the only thing I can think of but even that's a stab in the dark.. I'd be extremely interested to know what the reason is if you ever find out...

I have exactly the same problem. I have fitted the cover as loosely as possible without tightening the screws and it will not work. Remove the cover and everything works fine.

It is a complete mystery.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 port valve only works with cover off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock