Discuss 2 cold feeds to indirect hot water tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am reinstating an indirect hot water tank and have 2 cold water feeds coming into it from the same supply. One of the feeds has a float valve but what ever was on the other has been removed. Why would there be 2 feeds to the top of the tank? Can I blank one off and just use the float valve to fill? Tank is a RCM group copperform tank, about 20 years old.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230322_165620.jpg
    20230322_165620.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230322_165631.jpg
    20230322_165631.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230322_165640.jpg
    20230322_165640.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 16
Feed on the left had the float valve attached, feed on the right must have had something removed. Third picture was something floating in the tank, I assume its off what ever was on the right hand side

Reply to 2 cold feeds to indirect hot water tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock