Discuss 1st CP12 on Wednesday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billychuff

I'm doing my 1st CP12 on Wednesday. I know that they have a gas cooker. If there isn't a stability chain, stability brackets or a problem with the hose, what's the procedure.
I'm newly qualified and can't find the answer in my gas books

no chain or brackets is ncs what do you mean when you say problem with the hose?

Cooker least of ya worries billychuff, gaining access is probably more important!! lol

My advice would be ... Just follow the tick list on the 'CP12', Flueing, ventilation, gas tightness. As long as you know they're okay ya not gonna kill anyone! :D

just follow mi,s

'wards' how many times whilst doing a CP12 have you had the manufacturers instructions in front of you and have read them verbatim, for heavens sake? Lets get real here! this is the guy's first CP12

If I may get serious here 'billychuff',You are not there for a service you are there to make sure the appliances are in safe working order. Unfortunately if it's a fire, specially the flippin flame effect sort, ya gonna need Mi's to set the coals once you've checked the flue! However consider getn a service charge out of the custy first as your gonna be strippin the mother down!

IMHO

My advice would be to just take your time and make sure that everything the CP12 asks for is complete and passes. ie vents, safetys etc.

But as it is your first one I would just take your time and make sure everything is tip top. Also explain any NTCS or AR to the tenants as they have a nasty habbit of phoning the landlord after your have gone saying you have condemed the boiler in the hope of getting a new one.

Also don't listen to everything the tenants says as they are full of it most of the time and always try and get a new boiler.

My advice would be to just take your time and make sure that everything the CP12 asks for is complete and passes. ie vents, safetys etc.

But as it is your first one I would just take your time and make sure everything is tip top. Also explain any NTCS or AR to the tenants as they have a nasty habbit of phoning the landlord after your have gone saying you have condemed the boiler in the hope of getting a new one.

Also don't listen to everything the tenants says as they are full of it most of the time and always try and get a new boiler.
excellent advice

Just take your time and be thorough, I went to one where a young lad had issued a NCS as the pipe entering the property wasn't sleeved completely missing the inlet on the boiler going down to 6 mbar at full rate!

I was told as an apprentice by an ex BG engineer that when you walk into the property to look for as many reasons to turn off the appliance as possible, not to create work or be awkward but to cover your arse.

I am starting to do get more and more calls regarding cp12s what do you lot charge? And as said before "cp12 check list" where are these from I think it would benefit me ? I have done a few and like said before the tennants will tell you any thing to get a new boiler, always check for ventilation I did 1 yesterday the air brick was on show externally but inside the property it had been plasterd over and wall paperd,,, I also HATE gas fires lol

"cp12 check list" where are these from I think it would benefit me ?

You can get them from Corgi, Gas safe recommended printers or your local merchants. They're landlord safey records, the thing you're supose to leave at every check, retain a copy and give a copy to the landlord! CP12 got its name from Corgi I believe. Along the lines of "Corgi Paperwork 12" Something like that.
Regards charge ......... I'm always reluctant to post in an open forum such things. Main reason being that anyone can access here which could cause unneccessary conflict for collegues should a custard want to quote from here! If I said £20 and one of you is charging £100 then that's gonna raise questions in custards mind and potential grief or loss of revenue for someone.

Ok thanks , yeah I have got the landlords safety certificates witch I know have the check list on and obviously leave 1 with the tenant and 1 with the letting agent/ landlord and 1 for my records, I was just checking there wasn't another type of check list or hand book that I could refer to regarding recent rules and regs as there are that many and I'm very concious as to covering my back and not missing any thing cheers

The Check List is from the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 section 36, I copied and pasted the bits in colour:

(3) ... a landlord shall—
(c)ensure that a record in respect of any appliance or flue so checked is made and retained for a period of 2 years from the date of that check, which record shall include the following information—
(i)the date on which the appliance or flue was checked;
(ii)the address of the premises at which the appliance or flue is installed;
(iii)the name and address of the landlord of the premises (or, where appropriate, his agent) at which the appliance or flue is installed;
(iv)a description of and the location of each appliance or flue checked;
(v)any defect identified;
(vi)any remedial action taken;
(vii)confirmation that the check undertaken complies with the requirements of paragraph (9) below;
(viii)the name and signature of the individual carrying out the check; and
(ix)the registration number with which that individual, or his employer, is registered with a body approved by the Executive for the purposes of regulation 3(3) of these Regulations.
(9) A safety check carried out pursuant to paragraph (3) above shall include, but shall not be limited to, an examination of the matters referred to in sub-paragraphs (a) to (d) of regulation 26(9) of these Regulations.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998

Section 26
(9) Where a person performs work on a gas appliance he shall immediately thereafter examine—
(
a)the effectiveness of any flue;
(b)the supply of combustion air;
(c)its operating pressure or heat input or, where necessary, both;
(d)its operation so as to ensure its safe functioning,

A land lord gas safety check is not a service

Last edited by a moderator:
always make sure the appliance works before you start to take it apart and clean it..... it can catch you out when the tennant/landlord claims it worked before you touched it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1st CP12 on Wednesday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
Hello all! First post on here. I'm newly qualified - could anyone tell me if there is an absolute minimum acceptable gas inlet pressure at the...
Replies
Views
Hey, I'm a new entrant and I've just completed my 2 year training course and have my final week gas assessment next week. I was just looking for...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock