Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

18v sds drills

Discussion in 'Plumbing Tools' started by macka09, Nov 28, 2016.

Discuss 18v sds drills in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi all

Are these type of drills any good in comparison to a 110v??

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Bosch all the way for 5.5 - 11mm holes easy all day

3. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Ive got the Makita brushless sds. It really is as good as my 110v !

4. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

Ive got worx pro.
    The tools are great. Robust and have lasted well.

The 18v worx pro batteries are ****.
    So on that bombshell avoid

5. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

Cordless sds drills are as good as the same size corded drills. Only thing to consider is battery life. drilling fixings holes all day they are fine, drilling 20mm holes all day then get the 110 out.

Best cordless sds drills are made by Bosch unless you can afford a Hilti

• Like Like x 1
  6. Masood

Masood Guest

I've got the Milwaukee Fuel brushless SDS with 5Ah batteries. Ridiculously long battery life. I do genuinely feel that Milwaukee cordless are leagues ahead of Bosch these days...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I must be wealthy then. :smile:
    Depends what model of Hilti you go for. Hilti "18 volt" are actually 21.6 volt. Their smallest sds cordless drill TEA2-A22 (which is for up to 12mm drilling normal use) is not expensive. I was once able to buy it on a deal of £130 (+vat) for body and case.
    https://www.hilti.co.uk/drilling-and-demolition/cordless-rotary-hammers/2034358

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  8. Jay The Plumber

Jay The Plumber Active Member

I also have the milwaukee cordless SDS with 5ah batts.
    I use it for all core work unless its through a 2 foot thick stone or flint wall etc, then I get the 101v SDS out.. but like masood says, through normal cavity wall, its just as good

9. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

ive had 3 milwaukee cordless sds drills and all were okish, but not a touch on the 36v bosch for overall performance and tool life. maybe the 4.5j fuel is a good drill, not tried it but id still choose a bosch 36v ahead of it based on the thousands of happy bosch customers.

10. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Hi chaps. Are you saying the 18v cordless sds are as good as a 110v or the 36v stuff?

11. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

12. Jay The Plumber

Jay The Plumber Active Member

for me the bosch was the worst of all the SDS tools i used..

weird innit, how one mans meat is another poison, even with tools

13. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

14. Leo21

Leo21 Trusted Plumber GSR

I rate these two, I drill 24mm holes. But it runs out after one or two that size. On another note I bought the vac that uses these batteries, great bit of kit. Great for servicing and tidying whilst installing. Wouldn't be without it now.

15. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

Mine should be here tomorrow so hopefully it will do the job. I only need it for Hilti fixings into concrete.