Search the forum,
  • Thread starter mountainman
  • Start date
  • Replies 106
  • Views 11K

Discuss £186 poorer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

Oh well!
No choice in the matter really so I just renewed my Gas Safe registration. :banghead:

I am due on 14/02/2013 and I got there renew letter 1 week ago , ..........

they cant wait to get

my hardly earned

hardly saved money

its the same with re assessments i got my core + appliances on the 7 jan i really begrudge paying that its disgusting we have to do it every 5 years major con

Assessment Dates (start time 8.00am)

Thursday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2013
Friday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2013

The charges are as follows:-

ACS Training (£90.00 per day) £90.00
Core Gas – CCN1 £365.00
Central Heating and Water Heating - CENWAT £25.00
Fire and Wall Heaters – HTR1 £25.00
Cookers – CKR1 £25.00
Admin fee £25.00
Constructions Skills/Gas Safe Fee £45.00

Total £600.00

Please note that a Core Gas & Appliance Manual will be available to purchase at a cost of £45.00.

plus loss of earnings

its the same with re assessments i got my core + appliances on the 7 jan i really begrudge paying that its disgusting we have to do it every 5 years major con

Snap Mark.....same dates got my UV DHW to do also! Loss of earnings does my head in, especially after Christmas holidays etc....

Where you doing yours vern ?

NGST IN Leeds pal, I have known them years, the thing I like is they mark and give all the self employed guys priority for practical assessments, if they are busy which they usually are! BG & E.ON boys etc are made to wait, which suits them lol but not their field managers!

Our time is money or lost work!

Gets you back into the mind set of been in the class room and not in the real world

How many of you gas guy's take the training before sitting the ACS ????

I do, it gives me a chance to brush up on new regs.
Mind you, I did mine last christmas so hopefully I'll have a decent next four years and retire before I do it again:)

Gets you back into the mind set of been in the class room and not in the real world
I still don't understand why you need to get back into a "mind set" ? if you know your stuff & keep up to date, surly it doesn't make any difference if you are on site or being assessed? and you would save the £90 + the loss of a day's money.

Well my opinion is , and it might not make sense but like the answer they want in written isn't what you get doing the job out in the big bad world it's almost like a different language .

Why ? I see it's £90 cost & a loss of a days earnings !!

I don't Chris .....just dive straight in cold lol, but they know my track record and experience, if they see anyone struggle, they recommend they do a bit of training even part way through, I saw this on my LPG last time, there were 6 of us one guy had clearly never touched the stuff, he was blagging it for his ticket, he was referred for training and we all got done for 14.00 job done!

I still don't understand why you need to get back into a "mind set" ? if you know your stuff & keep up to date, surly it doesn't make any difference if you are on site or being assessed? and you would save the £90 + the loss of a day's money.
i dont feel complacent enough to say i know it all,the days training helps to refresh your memory

I know it's a point of Argument between plumbers and sparks oh and sparks and sparks my part p renewal just cost near on £400 and got to do it every year. This whole registration certification thing for both of us is a pain!

I don't Chris .....just dive straight in cold lol, but they know my track record and experience, if they see anyone struggle, they recommend they do a bit of training even part way through, I saw this on my LPG last time, there were 6 of us one guy had clearly never touched the stuff, he was blagging it for his ticket, he was referred for training and we all got done for 14.00 job done!
As it should be !!
(but perhaps that guy should have been failed & made to have undertaken some training before he was allowed to take it again ?)

Do you take the training Vern or go straight in ??
Lol Chris see above, sorry if I come over big headed it was not the intention or to seem complacent, I know what Bod means the language can be a huge problem, E.G a guy was saying I would bubble it, the answer had to be nothing but " spray with leak detection fluid"

As it should be !!
(but perhaps that guy should have been failed & made to have undertaken some training before he was allowed to take it again ?)
Yeah he was sent home Chris, he was asking questions which were basic and holding us all up, so failed and had to attend training before reassessment!

Lol Chris see above, sorry if I come over big headed it was not the intention or to seem complacent, I know what Bod means the language can be a huge problem, E.G a guy was saying I would bubble it, the answer had to be nothing but " spray with leak detection fluid"
Sorry to confuse, I am far to slow Vern you had already posted before I got around to it.
I am not having a go at anyone, just interested as to how many do take the training (I must admit that I use to but that was mainly because I was offices based).

Sorry to confuse, I am far to slow Vern you had already posted before I got around to it.
I am not having a go at anyone, just interested as to how many do take the training (I must admit that I use to but that was mainly because I was offices based).

No problem pal, my reply was poor, that bit was aimed at Mark and Lee, as he says everyone to their own!

All's well that ends well as they say.

Looks like a couple of well known myth's have been debunked first we have found out that people do fail !!!! & that some training is done during (CPD) this propose every 5 years so not a complete waste of time & money !!

SHOCK HORROR !!!!! now I don't want this to get out, you must all swear on pain of death to keep the secret. Promise ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £186 poorer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock