Search the forum,
  • Thread starter mountainman
  • Start date
  • Replies 106
  • Views 11K

Discuss £186 poorer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds college of building

Last edited by a moderator:
Never did the training for years now. Fire through the questions as quick as they'll give me them and the practical is the same old pysh. Very little changes in the regs and if you are not sure look it up. Btw i don't know it all either but i know how to find it quickly.
It is more a nerves/confidence thing with a lot of guys. They know the answers and can do the stuff blindfolded but panic a bit in a classroom exam situation.

There are always some tho who you wouldn't let them light a pilot but scarily they manage to pass!

Got my renewals in March, plus I'm doing ccn1 on top which should confuse me nicely after years of just doing commercial.

True but I've also got new contract , but I need oil as my old mentor has now fully retired from the trade and he/we/I still have some good commercial properties on oil , of which 4 boilers are due services in April

True but I've also got new contract , but I need oil as my old mentor has now fully retired from the trade and he/we/I still have some good commercial properties on oil , of which 4 boilers are due services in April

I see pal, if you get stuck, Mark does commercial oil on anything, Nu way, EOGB ETC ETC, I used to but don't bother now, hate my tools and van stinking up lol, can always get him to sub pal, if you get mowed out!

Oft10-101 only qualifies you for domestic and light commercial though Lee, depending on the size of these boilers you've taken on I would suggest you look into the oft10-201 - commercial up to 2Mw, I would also strongly recommend oft10-600a - installation and maintenance of commercial and industrial oil tanks.

Oft10-101 only qualifies you for domestic and light commercial though Lee, depending on the size of these boilers you've taken on I would suggest you look into the oft10-201 - commercial up to 2Mw, I would also strongly recommend oft10-600a - installation and maintenance of commercial and industrial oil tanks.
You'd spoil a good breakfast

I'm due in a couple of months time as well.
Always amazed how some people find the classroom/workshop such a different enviroment and really freeze.
I remember last assessment when a guy in other bay was asked questions that I'd just been asked, he had no idea and was only 10 feet from where I was.
The guy was in late 50's and been doing it for ever and a day but just couldn't get the answers out.

You'd spoil a good breakfast
PMSL.... Mark has em all Lee, we also do LPG commercial, my commercial are due this October, won't be doing them all like before, dropping com cat 4&5 keeping 1,2&3 though as well as commercial laundry etc

I'm due in a couple of months time as well.
Always amazed how some people find the classroom/workshop such a different enviroment and really freeze.
I remember last assessment when a guy in other bay was asked questions that I'd just been asked, he had no idea and was only 10 feet from where I was.
The guy was in late 50's and been doing it for ever and a day but just couldn't get the answers out.

sadly seen this quite a few times, on good guys that do the job with their eyes shut too!

That sounds like Dave...Roy is 6ft Dave Dickinson orange tan, "is everybody happy" that's his saying

Roy's a legend, top guy. Sadly retired last year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £186 poorer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock