Discuss 1/2 in tapered olive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alfie

I have an old stop tap which when I try to connect 15mm pipe to it the compression nut is too big. I cant use a new compression nut because the thread is different - imperial. A normal 15mm olive doesn't compress properly. I suspect I need a tapered olive - anyone know where I can get one from?

I've used a normal olive and PTFE for now but not sure it'll last.

thanks

your plumbers merchant should have them.
the 15mm pipe is a fraction smaller than the 1/2" so the olive will need compressing a bit more.
can you not fit a new tap?

or find the bit of pipe that went into it with the olive on then couple a new bit of 15mm to it?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1/2 in tapered olive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, first post here. While I prefer copper-and-solder, I've used compression fittings successfully in the past, and I opted for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm relatively new to plumbing had a career change at the start of lockdown and worked with a plumber for a month and now I'm tackling...
Replies
Views
Hiya - the mixer tap in my kitchen has been leaking and squeaking for months, and of course I've avoided fixing it while refusing to pay a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock