Discuss Zero Lead Brass Compression Fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I understand that, at least in the USA, the term "Lead Free" means "not more than a weighted average of 0.25% lead when used with respect to the wetted surfaces of pipes, pipe lead-free compression fittings, plumbing fittings and fixtures."

In other words, Lead Free does not necessary mean Zero Lead.

Are zero lead brass compression fittings available in the UK, and how do I identify them?

Thanks everyone!

Wras / water regs approved

Wras / water regs approved
Thank you for your reply. But that just does not appear to be the case. See here for a WRAS approved valve - valve body "CW602N Brass". Per here, "The CW602N / CZ132 dezincification resistant brass (DZR Brass) is essentially a leaded arsenical brass with a duplex structure." Lead 1.7-2.8%.

I am after 0% - zero lead, not low lead.

You won’t get it due to how brass is it’s the chemical make up in the foundry

Doubt it's an issue as an alloy in a strong fitting. Not like a piece of old lead pipe getting bashed.

Interesting if someone could measure. Perhaps depends on your water type?

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Thank you for your reply. But that just does not appear to be the case. See here for a WRAS approved valve - valve body "CW602N Brass". Per here, "The CW602N / CZ132 dezincification resistant brass (DZR Brass) is essentially a leaded arsenical brass with a duplex structure." Lead 1.7-2.8%.

I am after 0% - zero lead, not low lead.
Is there a particular reason for this?

Reply to Zero Lead Brass Compression Fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
I came across this for the first time yesterday, i have seen something similiar in the past when i was an apprentice but that was a long time ago...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
What's the best way to ensure a watertight fit connecting a 38mm European / continental waste pipe to a 40mm UK compression waste fitting without...
Replies
Views
Rothenberger Rocal Pro 2 Powerflusher. Best Price Online. Next Day Delivery If not properly inhibited, central heating systems fall foul...
Replies
Views
Hello all This is a new installation a friend of mine has just had completed in her cafe. She can't contact the plumber who did the job for some...
Replies
Views
Back