Discuss Yorkshire 3/8" plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEP industrial in Blackburn will sell one length of pipe and one fitting if that's what you require.

in imperial ? asked locally and they always come back min order lol

earlier pipe was nominal bore(average) modern pipe is is outside diameter supposed to be exact, the 3/8 is 9.35mm I could go on but wont bore anyone.
its either metric or imperial or from the 1960/70`s when we had that rubbish when steel stuff when copper was in short supply

in imperial ? asked locally and they always come back min order lol

Ye Shaun, 3/8" ID. Maybe we're just lucky but it's the only place round here I know of that still sells the pipe and fittings. In fact I keep thinking about going down there and buying a fair bit ''just in case'.

I think the pipework may be old solvent weld "hunter Genova" from the 80s
Real pain to get adaptors but I have got round this by using a john guest 15mm to half inch push fit coupler there are loads of estates by me filled with the tat. It's about 17mm o/s diameter but they seem to work good luck

I read about connecting to old steel / copper

my bad its metric if that recent

It's the same as dura pipe, you can still buy imperial and metric pipe and fittings in dura pipe from bss and pipe center. It's used in commercial/ industrial cold water systems. You used to be able to get fast set pvc cement for it but that's been removed from sale and you can only get the 24hr stuff now.

On 3/8 I normally use a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor, a 1/2 female and a standard compression 15 x 1/2 male iron.

its best to advise your customer that it's probably very brittle and should be replaced.

If your struggling for fittings go to the local cafe or merchant where the council plumbers hang, if the area has this pipe they will know where to get the fittings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yorkshire 3/8" plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock