Discuss Yet another example of why change is badly needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one who wants to be in parliament should be allowed to be there. The basic job of legislating should be given to a house of citizens chosen at random, like jury service. 100 adults, chosen at random from the population, with two replaced each week, and serving for a year. Paid £1 million, but if you so much as talk to a lobbyist during your term in office , you and he both go to gaol for 20 years.

The actual managers of each government department could be elected. But I want to elect the boss of the NHS because of their healthcare expertise, and not have them moved to education next week by some PM with political debts to pay off.

Finally, all bills which require more than £x million to be spent should be approved by a separate house elected solely by tax payers of 5 yrs standing, or in the case of pensioners, by people who have paid tax for at least 20 years.

No one who wants to be in parliament should be allowed to be there. The basic job of legislating should be given to a house of citizens chosen at random, like jury service. 100 adults, chosen at random from the population, with two replaced each week, and serving for a year. Paid £1 million, but if you so much as talk to a lobbyist during your term in office , you and he both go to gaol for 20 years.

I think the ancient Greeks had a similar system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yet another example of why change is badly needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
As if.... another scammer.... Mr. George David ([email protected]) Add to contacts 15:00 From...
Replies
Views
mitchellcook
M
Dear FairFuelUK Supporter We have a moment of opportunity to stop the massive 16p a gallon tax hike on petrol & diesel that the chancellor waved...
Replies
Views
Most Plumbers and other tradesmen will at some time during their career have to use design drawings to complete parts of their work. If you have...
Replies
Views
Ravenrider
R
S
I haven't started a thread for such a long time and I have the urge to write something so here goes: This thread is meant for the people just...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock