Search the forum,

Discuss y plan to combi help needed with pipe config. with pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys got to this job today, took out potterton flamingo. I need help with heating pipes need connecting in the airing cupboard. 20141021_154758.jpg20141021_145449.jpg The drops coming from the loft I feel confident about. One is the OV from the cylinder so that will be going. the other is the feed from the F+E tank, that will be going also, the other is the feed to the cylinder that will be going too. The other one is the cold feed to the cold taps. In that cupboard there is the cold to the electric shower (the extra long flexi). The cold mains to the tanks in the loft run up the boxing in the bathroom. I'm thinking about using the cold to the shower to connect to the cold feeds for the taps. All pipes in the loft can then go completely. The new boiler is going in the kitchen in place of the old one. What i'm really concerned about are the heating pipes. I can't get my head round what needs to be connected to what to take on the combi boiler. I think the sections confusing me are the small loop with the gate valve (acting as a bypass i'm assuming) and the pipework going round with the pump. I have had a look at plenty of Y plan diagrams but none of them I can find match this layout. Help please! If the pictures are unclear let me know if you want me to PM them to you. I seem unable to rotate the pics on this post and my enter button doesn't seem to work on this site either. Any help or advice greatly appreciated as always.

Connect the flow and returns to the combi in the kitchen. Connect the primary flow to the heating flow and pipe out the cylinder return. Only thing is doing it this way will require a thorough flushing. The primary's are always minging dirty.

Last edited:
Looks like the pump is on the return!!!
just cut it all out and join on to the heating flow ( right hand side of y valve) and heating return ( the one coming out of the vinyl floor.
dont know his that lot worked!

Looks like the pump is on the return!!!
just cut it all out and join on to the heating flow ( right hand side of y valve) and heating return ( the one coming out of the vinyl floor.
dont know his that lot worked!
Yes that's what I thought about the pump being on the return. Im very confused.

Don't worry about it, just connect the primary's. And pipe out the cylinder and pump, your only interested in connecting the right two pipes together. Looks like this would pump over constatly as it is.

Don't worry about it, just connect the primary's. And pipe out the cylinder and pump, your only interested in connecting the right two pipes together. Looks like this would pump over constatly as it is.
Thanks for the replies so far. This is my first task tomorrow once I have the cylinder and cws tank drained. I'm still a little confused because there are 3 22mm pipes in that floor space. The 22 going to the 3 port is the flow coming from the boiler ,correct? this needs to be connect to the 22mm going in to the floor furthest right correct? So the other 22 mm that comes round from the pump what do I connect that to? because as it looks it's all linked together.

You need to trace the two pipes coming from the boiler, flow and return. Connect those pipes to the heating flow, the pipe coming from the divertor in to the rads. Then connect the other pipe coming from the boiler to the heating return.

You need to trace the two pipes coming from the boiler, flow and return. Connect those pipes to the heating flow, the pipe coming from the divertor in to the rads. Then connect the other pipe coming from the boiler to the heating return.
I think that makes sense, I thought the pipe going in to the centre of the 3 port was the flow from the boiler. It's a bit clearer now but think I will have to see what happens tomorrow after I start disconnecting it all! Thanks.

I think that makes sense, I thought the pipe going in to the centre of the 3 port was the flow from the boiler. It's a bit clearer now but think I will have to see what happens tomorrow after I start disconnecting it all! Thanks.

It is suposed to be, but it won't matter with a combi. Unless you've got old one direction trv,s on.

thanks, I'm over thinking things as usual and making things more complicated than they need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to y plan to combi help needed with pipe config. with pictures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes sunk into wall behind bath. Walls have fresh tiles. Have realised as about to fit shower these pipes one is set higher than the other. If you fit a...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock