Search the forum,

Discuss Would you pay to have a set of T & Cs drawn up by a lawyer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

If so, how much?

Just putting feelers out. I asked the lawyers who work for FSB members and they said a set of bespoke Terms & Conditions for our trade would cost around £1500 + VAT.

This would include things like deposits, transfer of ownership of goods, late payment penalties, limitation of liability, no consequential loss, etc etc. All the carp we deal with on a day to day basis.

I would be more than happy to use any lawyer that someone could recommend personally - I haven't used these guys before, it was just an initial enquiry. The only law firm I have personal experience of is the ones who did my divorce. Very, very good but pricey.

Not sure how it would work if we did get enough people together to fund this. Maybe set up a bank account specifically to deal with this, and nominate some trustees? And once the document had been drawn up, email it to those who contributed to avoid freeloading?

Open to discussion and suggestions - any and all ideas welcome.

It's a good shout Mas and I'm interested would we be able to doctor these once drawn up ie take the bits to suit our work type

It's a good shout Mas and I'm interested would we be able to doctor these once drawn up ie take the bits to suit our work type

That's all open to discussion mate! If we do get enough interest, then it's up to us to instruct the lawyers as to what we want - so whatever tweaks or personalisation people want, we could ask for. Bear in mind though, that the more different versions we request, the more it'll cost.

I can't imagine there would be a great deal of difference in our needs? We all cover roughly the same kind of work?

I would happily get involved in this. I would be willing to pay up to £100. The difficult bit will be trying to get all those involved to be happy with whatever is proposed.

Surely we could just stroll the great World Wide Web of plumbers internet pages & find a suitable t&c's... It's then a copy & paste job, it ain't like his stuff has not been written before & it's all openly available due to the nature of the info!

Surely we could just stroll the great World Wide Web of plumbers internet pages & find a suitable t&c's... It's then a copy & paste job, it ain't like his stuff has not been written before & it's all openly available due to the nature of the info!

I've often thought this and thoughts what's the problem in doing that. You'd just want to make sure whatever t & c you have are law binding.

Saying that I'd be interested.

That's basically what I did for mine

My main concern about doing that is how do you know the person you're copying off didn't do the same? And what if the original set were written by someone who didn't really know the law?

I wouldn't mainly because mine have evolved to be, not war and peace, but tight enough. Happy to share.

I would but it won't be applicable to me as I do almost exclusively small jobs and I don't fancy saying 'sign here, initial here and once more here and your inlet valve is as good as your's.'

Good idea though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you pay to have a set of T & Cs drawn up by a lawyer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock