Discuss Worried about Elderly Mum's Gas Usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
Really not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm in a bit of a mess with my mum's energy supplier and I'm desperate for someone who knows what they're talking about to help.

End of last October my mum rented a two up- two down semi detached relatively modern house (decently double glazed and insulated) near me. Everything in the property is electric apart from the central heating boiler which is quite old (it's a Stelrad Ideal W 2000).

The energy company, Spark energy started her direct debits off at £65 a month. At the time I thought this was maybe a little high and figured we would get it down a bit once we had some meter readings.

Last week Spark wrote to her saying that the direct debit was going up to £95 a month at which point I went through the bills with a fine tooth comb.
Anyway, to cut a long story a little short, I've calculated that in the 138 days mum's been at the property (admittedly over winter) according to the meter reads she's used 671 cubic metres of gas or 7,506 kwh which works out at 54.3 kwh per day average.

My question is this, does this seem like high usage given that she only has a single thermostatically controlled boiler?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hello All,

Although Gareth / the OP seems to have been satisfied by our various explanations I would still have liked to know roughly how many Hours that the Heating system was on each Day / Night during the period of Gas usage that he asked about.

Although I worked out that the 54.3 Kw hrs per Day only cost approximately £2.08 per Day at the rate that I pay from British Gas [3.8325p per Kwhr inc. vat] it would have been nice to know the average amount of Hours of Heating that represented.

At least one other Member and I asked about that in our messages.

Gareth - could You please satisfy my / our curiosity and post what was the approximate average amount of Hours per Day that your Mum was using her Heating during the period that you asked about.

Regards,

Chris

Reply to Worried about Elderly Mum's Gas Usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock