Search the forum,

Discuss Work Experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary Lee

Hi, Firstly i hope i have posted this in the right section.

Ok, so i have just started my Level 2 (city&guilds) plumbing course, which finishes in june then i will be progressing on to my level 3.

I am looking to gain some work experience, i don't want to sound over enthusiastic as i have only just started the course but i want to get stuck in and start learning as much as possible in the field.

Im not interested in being paid and am willing to do whatever menial tasks are asked of me so long as i can pick up a few things along the way. Literally any job no matter how big or small. Even if its sweeping the floor and watching you complete the job.

I have transport and a few basic plumbing tools, which i am building up as i go. Im London based but am willing to travel within reason. I also work full time for NHS (Great Ormond Street) in the maintenance department so ideally weekends would be more suitable, although i would also take some annual leave to do some weekdays. I am 38years old.

Regards
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gary , im sorry but I am going to be the bringer of doom and gloom !!! You cannot have anyone working for you for nothing . To my great regret I did this for a lad a few years ago and the wonderfull inland revenue fined me £5000 and then I had to pay the lad for all the hours he had worked at the NMW !!!!!! In total with accountants fees etc it cost £22000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must add I paid the lad (25yr old) an apprentice rate as I said it wasnt fair for him to work for nothing !!!!!!!

Hi Gary , im sorry but I am going to be the bringer of doom and gloom !!! You cannot have anyone working for you for nothing . To my great regret I did this for a lad a few years ago and the wonderfull inland revenue fined me £5000 and then I had to pay the lad for all the hours he had worked at the NMW !!!!!! In total with accountants fees etc it cost £22000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did that happen?! I'm lost for words for a change. Can we have the full story??

My son doing his work experience with BG. Got back from work, mrs got him to fix cupboard door......

He FGA then tried to sell her a powerflush and at risked it because fused spur was too far from door?

So he's on the books with BG tomorrow

e0bc528806ccd1b428306b596f60fdf1.jpg

My son doing his work experience with BG. Got back from work, mrs got him to fix cupboard door......

He FGA then tried to sell her a powerflush and at risked it because fused spur was too far from door?

So he's on the books with BG tomorrow

e0bc528806ccd1b428306b596f60fdf1.jpg

Ha ha brilliant!

Ohhhh yes they can !! I will give the full story when I get a bit of time , it is a stark warning to any employers !

Gary, I could do with an extra set of hands, its a shame you aren't available in the week. Also we are based in Kent, so a bit of a slog for you.

Also if anyone is reading this who wants an apprenticeship in plumbing and heating, click the link to my website and contact me. Ideally looking for someone around 18 with their own car and license so they can drive to my house and us set off from there. Got to be willing to work long hours on certain days (not every day).

I will happilly take some one on who wants to do a day per week at college and organise all the paper work above board. My firm does gas, oil, lpg, domestic and commercial plumbing, so a bit of a mixed bag. I tried a couple of guys from the local college but they were not right. One of them came to work in jeans so tight it looked like he was wearing a pair of tights, he would never have been able to climb into a loft.

Ouchhhh that is a big expensive mistake.. it puts you off wanting to help people.

My advise is get your cscs card, there are many new build sites around London, go down to a site and enquire

Hi Danny, do you ever work any weekends? ... Its a few weekends or saturdays I'm really looking for. Im doing my Guilds part time at weekends, it is 2 weekends on and 2 weekends off and i am working mon-fri..... BTW, id never turn up to a site in leggings LOL. Been on sites for 15years and leggings are a no no lol

Hi Danny, do you ever work any weekends? ... Its a few weekends or saturdays I'm really looking for. Im doing my Guilds part time at weekends, it is 2 weekends on and 2 weekends off and i am working mon-fri..... BTW, id never turn up to a site in leggings LOL. Been on sites for 15years and leggings are a no no lol

Pm your number , I give you the odd sat , don't do Sundays anymore , wife said

I've cut down the amount of work I'm doing over the weekends. Probably working a couple per month now. So I get to see my kids basically! I'll PM my No. to you both. Ta. Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work Experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock