Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Worcester ri 24 service mode max wouldn't fire but blue flashing light 5 times in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

hi guys, went to carry out a service... went to high fire setting mode but nothing happened? Blue flashing light 5 times.. checked condensate not blocked.. flue good..
    Reset the thermostat knob but nothing happened. Standing gas pressure 25mb to the gas valve..
    When I put the heating on from the programmer the boiler fires up fine but I noticed the blue light still flashing but faster? I notice the heat exchanger was very hot to touch and making noises?

I'm new gas engineer so be gentle.lol

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

was the pump running?

3. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Yeah it was pulsating and the return pipe was getting warm.

4. ShaunCorbs

port valves open ?

o and the 5 flashes means its in service mode

5. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Yeah the port valves open.
    I'm I right in saying, when nothing is calling for heat. And I turn the service dial to max shouldn't the boiler go to high fire?. Or do I need to go and call for the heating to cone on?

6. ShaunCorbs

pump wont run if you dont have anything on eg call

7. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Ok I'm confused now. I took off the cover and I rotated the knob that's concealed behind the Panel and rotated it to max as it was in the normal. The boiler started to flash but never fired up? Shouldn't the boiler fire up like the chimney sweep button on the other worcesters?

8. ShaunCorbs

did it have demand?

9. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

No it didn't. I thought when you put it on max this would fire up the boiler?.

10. ShaunCorbs

no as no pump connected your thinking of a combi

11. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Alright so if I have a demand on then put it to max I'll be able to get a negative air pressure reading.

I'm stupid

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Thanks Shaun

13. ShaunCorbs

:D

14. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

You need a external heat demand bud to get rid of the heat . Kop

15. Bibbs118

Bibbs118 GSR

That negative fan test is bullshit, ive had it pass that test but need a full strip and clean, and fail that test but not need a strip and clean.

Could just be me but i dont do that test, i remember when it came in and i find it proves nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1