Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Combi Intermittent CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If anyone can give me some pointers it would be appreciated.

I have a Heatslave that is having intermittent problems with CH, but the HW is fine. I ended up replacing the complete diverter so not just the head but whole body and also replaced afterwards the pump.

The problem is some times the radiators are hot when the boiler is running, but mostly they are luke warm. If I feel the pipes either side of the pump they are cold. If I feel the pipe at the back of the boiler labelled 'rear of appliance' it's red hot so is the heat exchanger and the pipe coming out of the heatslave to the 3 way diverter. I have tried manually controlling the 3 way valve, but the behaviour is the same. Its as if the flow is coming from the rear pipe, through the heat exchanger then out the pipe on the top of the heat store.

I have tried switching off the HW from the programmer on the boiler and just triggering the CH but it makes no difference. The boiler is firing, pump circulating ok. I've made sure I've bled air from the 3 points on top of the boiler and also that the autovent on top of the heat store isn't screwed shut.

Sorry for the long winded post.

20181016_170656.jpg

I'm thinking now it's an airlock as the 3 way valve and pump are fine. Can an airlock cause intermittent heating on a heatslave with cold pipes either side of the pump and hot water coming from the back of the boiler pipe labelled 'rear of appliance'.

If anyone has come across this give me a shout.

Cheers guys.

Bought a power flusher off ebay for £100 and thats fixed the flow issue in the boiler. Guy picked tbe flusher up today and paid £250 so great result.

I dont think good oil guys exist in this country.

So from 9.46 on Thursday morning to midnight on Friday you managed to get hold of a power flusher, which you didn't need, fix the so called problem and then sell it again.

This is after changing the divertor and pump.

ROFLMFAO

amazing really when i bought my powerflush machine took a week for delivery and when i sold it took a week on eBay obviosly the OP is a time traveller. or a wizard no i will settle for numpty

The OP has no interest in using a “good oil guy” as he obviously doesn’t want to pay any money.
So instead, he guesses what is wrong and pays a lot of money for expensive parts which weren’t faulty.

Reply to Worcester Heatslave 15/19 Combi Intermittent CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock