Discuss worcester greenstar 24i jnr making a noise like hammering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michaeljcliff76

Hello all i recently went to repair a greenstar 24i jnr. i replaced the burner seal which had caused the fan and wiring harness to melt an knacker it so fitted new fan and harness. Tenant then calls back saying after a while a loud drilling sound coming from the boiler. So i thought PRV is vibrating open and shut so put a new one in and re-charged expansion vessel whilst i was at it. Got a text today saying its doing it again. Of course it never makes this sound while im there. Also the rads(4 of) do seem to be very hot ,you cant keep you hand on it very long.It runs fine whilst im there but im beginning to think its getting to hot and the pressure build up is making the prv dance about causing the noise. Any ideas fellas and girls

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...orcester-greenstar-24i-jnr.html#ixzz2DSot7KRy

Comman fault on this type of burner. Unfortunately it's a gas safe only job

If you send your details to the gods and get in the GSR forum. You may have more replys

Presuming you've set up the gas valve using a FGA properly? I would look at replacing the bearing plate.

Yes, they sing very loudly if the gas valve is set wrong. Eventually it'll go to lock out. Do you know how to set it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester greenstar 24i jnr making a noise like hammering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock