Discuss Worcester grecnstar burner seal (servicing) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just curious - how often do you all replace the burner seal on a Worcester Greenstar during servicing?

Assuming all is well with combustion levels, pressure test, etc. (As without X-ray vision, one obviously can't see the state of it until you take it apart).

Thanks everyone,

Jennie

I would second what Shaun said, every 4 years. If you leave it too long the whole service can be a nightmare with stuck baffles etc. It doesn't take long if the boiler isn't in an awful position to remove/clean/replace. I also replace the DHW restrictor at the same time as these are prone to failure. We'll maintained these boilers last forever, ish.

Change them regularly. I came across this one that had failed to fire, but customer kept pressing the reset until it eventually fired. Luckily I got there before he burned the place down. Scorch marks on outside of casing and alot of heat damage to plastic parts.

Attachments

• IMG-20211123-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20211123-WA0018.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20211123-WA0028.jpeg
    IMG-20211123-WA0028.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20211123-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20211123-WA0022.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Worcester grecnstar burner seal (servicing) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock