Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch system filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted my first system filter from Worcester last week for the additional 1 year guarantee!

What a joke, after all the system filters on the market are getting easier, slimmer, faster too fit, Worcester decide to bring out a filter that seems to be Stone Age compared to the modern magnaclean or tf1 design!

It was a pig to fit, the valves don't detach from the filter for installation, its a silly shape, flow & return are a fixed direction, the valves rotate, but installation is only possible one way or there Is no access to iso valves ( old type adey 360 spin type!), the valves are on o rings on the filter so its moves about... I don't like fittings moving about on o rings, especially when they get old! The bottom unscrews from this filter, so a pain trying to hold a bucket below plus the 2 huge spammers needed to undo it! Also another ginormous oring in the filter, just waiting to cause headaches to us all...

I normally like Worcester boilers & stuff but this filter is a pig. I am tempted to avoid it and forget all about the additional 1 year guarantee!

For those interested it costs around 80 + VAT

anyone else fitted one, how did you find it?

I'm sure adey make it and just brand it as worcester.

neever fitted one myself mind, and I dont think I will, sounds a nightmare!

i have seen it but will not offer to install one unless boiler is in the loft or in a boiler room (its that bad) or unless customer ask about longer guarantee .
I use magnaclean and I am happy to fit more

Won't fit em, design is bobbins, a monkey could have done better, magnaclean pro 2 all the way!

I'm going to WB on a factory jolly in a few weeks, I'll have a look and give them your opinions. Will they ever learn?

No , cos we all said to them 2 weeks ago and the training department already new what is the score with it ..... Again I don't personally believe that Bosch has authorised for that thing to go on the market it looks like its a 1985 model :)pmsl

Vokera have also brought out a magnetic filter !!!!!!!!!! Eventually all the boiler manufacturers will follow suit

Ye there's a lot of competition in this filter market now!

Like I said boiler filters will be abundant .Alpha boilers have launched a magnetic filter integral to the pipe fixing jig ,which costs £140 but in return you get a additional 1 year warranty on top of the 5 year standard warranty
I think the likes of independent filter manufacturers will diminish as boiler manufacturers filters will grow as they will offer additional warranty to the boiler.

Last edited:
Like I said boiler filters will be abundant .Alpha boilers have launched a magnetic filter integral to the pipe fixing jig ,which costs £140 but in return you get a additional 2 years warranty on top of the 5 year standard warranty
I think the likes of independent filter manufacturers will diminish as boiler manufacturers filters will grow as they will offer addition warranty to the boiler.

Alhpha used to throw in a free tf1 filter... Maybe the filter makers & manufactures of boiler shud come together, because if boiler makers like Worcester come out with that mess of a magnet then there better off teaming up with a filter that is already developed and installer friendly.

I can tell you worcester have teamed up with adey to make the worcester filter .Worcester have created a filter which needs two spanners ,not good .I must say I like alpha's filter but it is too small in my opinion and will clog up very quickly .

Well Worcester would have been better off putting a magnaclean pro in the box.

...flow & return are a fixed direction, the valves rotate, but installation is only possible one way or there Is no access to iso valves..
I couldnt see that problem, fittings rotate 360 degrees so you can site it facing whichever way you like leaving the valves facing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch system filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock