Discuss worcester bosch greenstar 28i fast flashing blue light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beniroli

hi people,

my boiler stopped working overnight and all i get is a fast flashing blue light after around 10 - 15 secs from switch on.

the book says its either the temp sensor (seems to check out ok at about 3k ohms)

the fan ( it does start for about 3 secs, then retries 3 - 4 times but only momentarily)

code plug ?? (dont know what this is...???)

the fan does seem a little eratic but even when it does start and run i get the same fault light flashing.

the boiler is about 4 yrs old but has never been serviced ( relevant??)

any advice appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Last edited by a moderator:
most thermistors should read between 7-11k cold,and yes lack of servicing is relevant burner gasket could be knackerd damaging the electrodes

so in anyones experience, the flashing light "codes" are accurate and i should go for the temp sensor first by the look of it?

and it will be getting a service asap !!!!

so in anyones experience, the flashing light "codes" are accurate and i should go for the temp sensor first by the look of it?

and it will be getting a service asap !!!!

better off getting someone in to service and repair it personally i dont look at fault codes i just test components until i find out whats failed,it could be a thermistor or something else

Ive had this fault a couple of times, with a fast flashing light, both times it's been the fan, never the cheap part!

You will need a gas safe engineer to look at it, CO and CO2 ratios need to be correct on this boiler when replacing any parts, if not the boiler can be dangerous and if not running correctly will cost you more in the long run with replacing parts.

for what its worth, this prob turned out to be the fan,

worcester said it should fire up if the temp sensor is anywhere between 500 ohms and 33k.

so had to shell out ÂŁ107 for a pump.

fired up instantly. bingo!!

thanks for any help.

;);););)dont service you boiler for another 4 years ,and you can save your self enough ÂŁ to cover the pump cost:rolleyes::rolleyes:

or watch the red burner gasket fail and set the house on fire

are you suggesting the lack of service caused the fan to fail ?

is this likely/possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester bosch greenstar 28i fast flashing blue light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling...
Replies
Views
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock