Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25SI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, is it possible/sensible to have a mixer shower linked to the above (or indeed) any combi boiler? Apologies if this is a daft question. I was asked to repair an electric shower, which I've found is beyond economic repair (i'm a spark) and the householder asked the question.
My uneducated concern is that flow rate to the shower would be compromised if hot water is drawn at the same time elsewhere in the property. I could just replace the shower, but I promised to check other options.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes it can, but it would be a much bigger job than just replacing the electric shower. Tiles to be replaced, chasing into walls etc.

yes it is entirely possible to have a mixer shower on a combi system, although if the boiler was to fail you wouldn't be able to shower so an electric shower is advisable. besides which there is more work in fitting a mixer rather than changing an electric one.

Thanks guys. Yes I (and the customer) appreciate that the work required for a mixer shower would be far greater than a simple swap of the electric shower, but he wanted to know what was technically possible first.
Out of interest, is the question of demand for hot water with a mixer not an issue; and how about flow rate with a combi/mixer?
i just want to give him the best tech advice, then he can decide what he wants to do as a final solution.
Thanks again for your thoughts.

From the info given and from personal preference. Tend to be able to pee faster than electric showers.

Won't get the best flow rate out of a 25kw boiler but will be better than the electric shower, don't forget to tell him about the reduction in flow when other taps are opened he's gonna get one unhappy showerer

10.8 kw mira is fine in my mind and a 25kw combi wont be much better plus he will be for ever getting scalded or chilled with a cheap mixer and a decent mixer will keep cutting the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25SI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me if the greenstar 24i circulating pump modulates? i have been looking at param 2.1c which references settings 0 to 4, i know the...
Replies
Views
Dear Forum members, Hope that you are all doing well! We are thinking of moving our existing boiler from its cupboard to a bathroom corner to...
Replies
Views
Hi I was initially having a Megaflo ( 170 L ) and a Worcester Bosch 30 ( RI System Boiler ) in a loft conversion The guy that was doing the work...
Replies
Views
having a few issues with my boiler. worcester bosch greenstar 28i. has been serviced every year. last serviced in jan. i moved into this property...
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock