Discuss Worcester Bosch 40CDI - Bypass Circuit help required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

We've had this 40CDI boiler fitted in place of a Potterton boiler that failed after 16 years of service. The system is configured as an S plan as I would understand. We've got a fairly large house with 3 bed's and loft office. Total radiator count is 13, all have thermostatic valves (accept the two bathrooms). We've recently installed a wireless thermostat. The previous thermostat, was positioned by the kitchen door way and wast turned to maximum so the boiler never cycled off during the day time. But not very efficient.

Now we are using the thermostat properly, the boiler cycles on and off throughout the day. When the boiler goes off after approx. a further 4/5 minutes hot water enters the header tank. Perhaps a cup full. I believe this is after the overrun cycle. Conclusion from our current trusted heating chap is that the bypass circuit is inadequate/wrong for this boiler/system. There's a manual valve that we've opened half way and now fully with no apparent change or benefit. Worcester Bosch have checked our boiler and say it's fine so the old system appears to be at fault or incorrect in respect of the bypass circuit?
I'm lead to believe this is not a concern other than the fact that the noise is annoying as the header tank is situated in our loft office. I can't find any guidance on the design of this aspect of the system. We've spent nearly £4000 installing the new boiler and upgrading the gas pipe to 28mm. We had little choice as the Potterton failed one day before Christmas eve. Our current heating chap did not install any part unfortunately and is not so conversant with the Worcester Bosch products. Reluctant to throw more money at this today for cost reasons.... Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alan

Pumping over is more of a concern than just a bit of water going into the tank... It will constantly be drawing in oxygen into the heating circuit & greatly increasing the chance of corrossion in your system, pin holed rads etc...

the installer needs to address the issue, possible incorrect cold feed/vent & pump arrangement.. Another option is to put the system on a sealed circuit!

Pumping over is more of a concern than just a bit of water going into the tank... It will constantly be drawing in oxygen into the heating circuit & greatly increasing the chance of corrossion in your system, pin holed rads etc...

the installer needs to address the issue, possible incorrect cold feed/vent & pump arrangement.. Another option is to put the system on a sealed circuit!

Thanks, forgive my ignorance but where does the oxygen get drawn in? Our W.Bosch installer ok'd our old gas pipe at 22mm but subsequently shown to be adequate so less confident in them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 40CDI - Bypass Circuit help required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock