Discuss Worcester boiler condensate won't drain. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon all,

I have a Worcester boiler installed recently. It was moved from the first floor to the loft. Existing 22mm condense pipe was extended to the loft. It looks like the old pipe has no slope and prevents air to get into the boiler condensate trap, preventing condensate to drain. After the pipe is blocked, when the engineer removed the boiler connection, the pipe sucked air and started to drain immediately.

The installer offers me a pump or replacing the old section which would mean a lot of work such as lifting the floorwoods, breaking the tiles etc. My proposal was to install an air admittance valve on the PVC condensate drainage. The pipe will suck air from the AAV and push the water with gravity (almost 3m fall). Please see the sketch drawing of the system. attached.

In theory, it should work, however, have you had any similar issues? Have you got any advice on the issue?

Thank you very much in advance,

Attachments

• Boiler.png
    Boiler.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 9
Your diagnosis and proposed remedy seem wrong to me. Air should get down into the trap down through the boiler not up from the outlet. You must have a blockage somewhere. Possibly a temporary block installed for the move that was forgotten about.

It a registered 'Gas Safe' engineer to find and fix the problem for you. Don't be tempted to DIY.

Reply to Worcester boiler condensate won't drain. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
N
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain installation and wanted to share some quick tips for a smooth project: 1. Plan Smart: Think about...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon Guy's & Girl's, So I have a Baxi 630i that is showing a e133 fault. Upon hours of extensive research it is an ignition fault that...
Replies
Views
Previously no issues but now when I disconnect the condensate pipe from the boiler there is an audible air escape from the condensate pipe then...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock