Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 40 CDi Conventional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi Guys, I got called to look at the above boiler last week because the boiler would not stay ignited. The Flame kept fluctuating then eventually went to lockout. I phoned Worcester technical and tested evrything as they said but still couldnt find anything to fix it.

In the end the customer paid for worcster to come out and fix it for £250. The customer isnt very technical put said the worcester guy said it was something simple.

Have any of you guys ever come across this with worcesters before. I checked the gas valve, fan, Flue and cleaned the heat exchanger.

Any help for future reference would be appreicated

the problem you had sounds like it could be something to do with the co2 emissions and the gas valve not being set up correctly your minimum co2 should be set at 9.1% and maximum should be 9.7% if the boiler was making vibration noise when the flame was fluctuating this is most likely to be the problem.

Went to one of these at the weekend with a fan fault code. Managed to find local Parts Centre and bought new fan fitted it and got the same fault code. Customer decided to call in WB on monday who fitted a new fan and all was good. Turns out that the brand new fan I had bought was faulty! What chance have you got?

Went to one of these at the weekend with a fan fault code. Managed to find local Parts Centre and bought new fan fitted it and got the same fault code. Customer decided to call in WB on monday who fitted a new fan and all was good. Turns out that the brand new fan I had bought was faulty! What chance have you got?
Just for future if you get 240V on the purple wire, its the fan! obviously the CDi throws a fault code also

Rang tech support when it didnt work and done some checks including your one, he said "if you had not just told me you have put a new fan on I would have said it was the fan" Neither of us expected a new fan to be faulty and he was right. Fair play to WB tech support they were working until 4pm on saturdays

Rang tech support when it didnt work and done some checks including your one, he said "if you had not just told me you have put a new fan on I would have said it was the fan" Neither of us expected a new fan to be faulty and he was right. Fair play to WB tech support they were working until 4pm on saturdays

modded ones have a purple spot sticker on them......some old stock (sat on shelves) ones dont

good to know thanks, had to replace a fan on a junior the other week at 10pm at night, no manual, no signal, tech line closed. Took a punt on a fan and plugged it in as I had heard they were fairly common and bingo, first time lucky! Nice to know of a way to test in future though!

Yep I agree, it's not the fan that fails BTW 99% of the time, it's the PCB built into the fan, which EBM who make them won't supply as a spare......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 40 CDi Conventional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock