Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30si hot water fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

billski

Gas Engineer
Worcester 30si combi boiler, hot water doesn't stay hot. Boiler stays lit & seems to be happy, diverter valve working as it should, central heating works fine. Flow rate at the tap is above what it should be, but it has worked fine for 9 years. Replaced tem sensor, even though it tested out okay on my meter, no change. Next I'm thinking plate to plate heat exchanger, but the flow rate doesn't seem restricted and it's not cutting out. Could the flow turbine be faulty? If so can I test in?
Appreciate your thoughts.

Plate

Test the temp drop across the plate both end eg both heating and hot water sides of the plate

Should the temp drop be minimal?
And could it still be the flow turbine?

Should be decent eg flow 70 return around 20 is depending on hot water eg 50dc

No as it's staying fired

Yes with the flow rate being good hot water side so not block with lime scale etc

Reply to Worcester 30si hot water fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or two and then goes off. After another few seconds it starts again and then stays on. This happens around 8 out of 10 times. I had engineer having a...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
  • Question
We have a Worcester green star 30si boiler Hot water is fine. Ch temp is set at 70 degrees but boiler heats to 68 quite fast then takes ages to heat to 72 when it finally pumps round system, Seems to be on constant low burn?
Replies
Views
Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The burner reading is fine. The fault is intermittent, sometimes the boiler won't ignite on either hot water or heating. Everything seems to run but it just fails to ignite. I've changed the rectification and the spark electrodes. Cleaned the burner and the...
Replies
Views
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working fine and have to use it for the water to be hot. No fault codes. Clicking noise in the pcb on trying for hot water? Things I have checked. Diverter...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the rads What is this, and how likely is it that it is faulty? That sits in between the hot water to the rads and hot water to the hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock