Discuss Worcester 28i RSF hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

murphtheguv

I have currently passed my ACS qualification and decided to have a look at the problem with my worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running (water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and continues to do this over and over again for the same time intervals. In central heating mode there are no problems. I Serviced the boiler to the manuals instructions and all ok. I took an uneducated guess and changed the hot water thermistor but this didn't solve it. Then i noticed the boiler stays lit when calling for hot water if the inner casing is off but soon as i tighten the last screw of the casing creating a seal the boiler shuts down. I suspect the fan but wouldn't want to be wrong again due to the cost. Any advice off some experienced gas engineers would be much appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i RSF hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back