Discuss Worcester 240 PROBLEM!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch3nKo

hi, i've been to look at the boiler and the problem im getting is the boiler is firing up and cutting out very quickly on DHW side of things, im watching the diverter valve and the pin is going in and out very quickly making the connection for the boiler to fire then for some reason it cuts out almost instantly making showering a real drag, has anybody come across this problem before on this boiler and if so could you share some light please - thanks a lot

Divereter valve not seating correctly or sticking or the plate heat exchanger is not exchanging as it should :)

i changed the diverter probably about 5 months ago maximum - the problem is very intermittent, are you thinking the plate heat exchanger could be partially blocked therefore not transfering heat very well?

Its more than likley, where do you live, whats the water hardness/condition like, does your system have any protection against contamination of any kind :)

south wales - soft water - ive drained this system down a few times as of late to move/replace rads due to decorating- inhibitor has been added- as i say diverter been in about 5months now from new and its only now this problem is occuring, are there any ways i can test to solve this problem as the couple whos house it is are expecting a baby very shortly so its a must fix asap type job - cheers

Whats the hot water temp ( and boiler function ) like from the bath or the kitchen sink taps - or is it just the shower that give trouble

check high limit stat,also microswitch,not tellng you how to suck eggs,but youll need manual for readings

just rang the customer to ask some further questions - apparantly the problem is more prone when the heating has been on for roughly an hour or more and also its only the shower which causes the problem - when no heating has been used the problem occurs less. hope this sheds some more light thanks again

Obviously the shower thats at fault not the boiler then

they have a thermostatic shower - i thought once a cartridge was knackered its knackered full stop - not allowing hot water sometimes and then not others or am i wrong in thinking this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 240 PROBLEM!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock