Search the forum,

Discuss Wirquin toilet flush button loose issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Calibre500

Hi. I have a Wirquin back-to-the-wall toilet and has only been fitted a few weeks ago. Even at the time the plumber found it weird that the button actually sits above the cistern and not flush inside like they normally are. He tried but it was just too big to fit inside. Anyway, its slowly been coming loose and now you can lift it up a few cm which shows you how loose it is. I've not had anything to do with these flush button toilets so didn't want to damage anything hence asking for advice on how to take lid off the cistern and tighten the button. Many thanks.

Here are some images which might give a better idea as to my problem.

IMAG1957.jpg

IMAG1955.jpg

Hi
It will fit inside the hole if you remove the outer shroud.

image.jpgLike this:bulb2:

yoir plumber should have known better!:rolleyes2:

Last edited:
Have got another issue now. The toilet is now continuously letting water flow into the pan without stopping. If I pull on the plastic (3rd image) with the cross or X the water stops but let it go and water continues as that slowly drops.

I've taken a few more images. Toilet now out of commission so any advice to resolve quickly much appreciated let me tell you. Cheers.

IMAG1960.jpg

IMAG1958.jpg

IMAG1961.jpg

Have got another issue now. The toilet is now continuously letting water flow into the pan without stopping. If I pull on the plastic (3rd image) with the cross or X the water stops but let it go and water continues as that slowly drops.

I've taken a few more images. Toilet now out of commission so any advice to resolve quickly much appreciated let me tell you. Cheers.

View attachment 21429

View attachment 21430

View attachment 21431
You are joking?..

How did you manage to put that flush valve in upside down!:sosp:

When I took the lid of, the valve was already in that position so as I'd never opened a flush button cistern, assumed it was that way. Having looked at it closer realised the big rubber ring should be at the bottom and managed to fit it back in place and also tighten and fit the button correctly which the plumber had fitted incorrectly. All working now. Hope it carries on working without issues.

Sincerely a BIG thank you to all of you have given help and advice!!

That actually beggars belief!!! How does a plumber or anyone for that matter fit a flush valve upside down?????

Just when I thought I would never be surprised anymore......

The "plumber" obviously hasn't fitted any modern flush valves and he obviously can't read basic instructions.
Probably a thick builder who tells everyone he's a plumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wirquin toilet flush button loose issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock