Search the forum,

Discuss Wirquin jollyfill - full flush button stays down. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil999

I have a problem with my Wirquin Jollyfill Toilet cistern.

When I flush with button 1 it flushes and refills ok

When I flush with button 2 (full flush) it flushes, but as it refills
some of the water comes through the pan because button 2 has not come back up on its own so have to press button 2 again to get it to come back up again, but it wont do this on its own.
I have replaced the dual button assembly but this hasnt fixed it.
Can you please advise on how I could remedy this?

Believe it need a new flash valve, but how do you fit it and do you need to turn water off.

it could just need a clean. if you look inside your cistern you might find that full flush side of the valve is covered in slime. if possible remove flush siphon and rinse under tap. check instructions on how to remove and don't forget to turn of water first

For all they cost, just fit a new one. Easily done, follow the instructions that come with it. And yes you will need to turn the water off to the cistern.

If it's one of those cable ones, just replace it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wirquin jollyfill - full flush button stays down. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a question on flush pressure. When I press the bigger button, there's hardly a flush. I understand that's normal but it's a very minimal flush. And then the smaller button is quite hard to press and I think doesn't do a full flush either. So when I flush I press both and it works...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve lifts lightly and closes giving a very short weak flush. You can manually lift the flush valve in the cistern and it moves freely, flushes fine and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My toilet flushes ok when the long flush button is pressed - but water continues to flow into the toilet bowl. No problems with the short flush. I have a Siamp Optima 50, the overflow funnel doesn’t seem to drop back down on the long flush. The short flush does all purposes but family members...
Replies
Views
We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water. This is not happening now, when flushed the water fills the toilet bowl then emptys and refils. What can I do? Is it a profesional plumber callout?
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock