Currently reading:
Wireless Programmer for Remeha 28c - Suggestions

Discuss Wireless Programmer for Remeha 28c - Suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frankm

Can anyone give me some suggestions on a wireless programmer/thermostat for a Remaha 28c, i have heard the best ones are opentherm(modulating ones). And can i fit myself without voiding warrenty on boiler.

I was looking at the Remeha iSense RF but its not available in uk only from holland ( if anyone knows any better please reply)

Thanks in advance

Frank

P.s. Engineer who put boiler in wants £100 for a Salus wireless is that expensive as he says that what he gets them for)

Honeywell as first choice, Drayton next, would'nt bother with owt else. Easy enough to fit if you're ok with elecky.

Salus ones have caused me no end of trouble, I would avoid if possible. Drayton ones are good, I havnt had dealing with the honeywell ones but they generally make good products.

What honeywell one do i need for my boiler and are they the modulating ones (dont want a weather compensator) as no where to put it.

What honeywell one do i need for my boiler and are they the modulating ones (dont want a weather compensator) as no where to put it.

Yes, they are. Check out Honeywell website.

Sorry Frank, not familiar with term "opentherm". The CM7 range have optimum start facility... Tech stuff that judges the time needed to get to room temperature. Depending on how cold it is decides when it actually turns the boiler on ... (That's my take on it anyhoo's) They're a prety good piece of kit!

honeywells the best you can buy salus is a cheap brand that should be banned its complete tat

I was looking at the Remeha iSense RF but its not available in uk only from holland
That's correct. The reason is that the PCBs on the UK version do not supply the 5v required to power the iBase (receiver).

Remeha in Holland supply a separate 5v power supply, for older boilers sold on the continent.

The way round it is to purchase the iSense RF direct from Holland and then get a 5V stabilized power supply from Maplins (Part No L45BL). You will need a standard socket to plug in the power supply. You will ahve to cut the connector of the end of the output wire as the iBase has screw connectors - make sure you check the polarity!

Hopefully Remeha in the UK will see the errors of their ways and make the Isense RF available very soon.

Sorry Frank, not familiar with term "opentherm".
How long have you got? :smile5:

Opentherm is the way forward in boiler control systems. You can read about it Here

It provides full control over the boiler and is a two-way communication system between the boiler and the controller. Most systems are one way - the thermostat tells the boiler when to turn on and off. Under opentherm the boiler can tell the controller what the water flow and return temperatures are, so the controller can then tell the boiler whether to increase/decrease its output. Thats not the only data suppled, but there's no point spelling it out here.

All Opentherm boilers and Controls are compatible, so you are not limited.

The Honeywell CM7 range is a cut-down version of the CM9 range. It is really intended for rented properties as it has a Service Reminder feature, to make sure the annual safety check is carried out.

Last edited:
All Opentherm boilers and Controls are compatible, so you are not limited.

The Honeywell CM7 range is a cut-down version of the CM9 range. It is really intended for rented properties as it has a Service Reminder feature, to make sure the annual safety check is carried out.

Do you know anywhere that sell the honeywell cm957 (opentherm rf)

How long have you got? :smile5:

Opentherm is the way forward in boiler control systems. You can read about it Here
Worth a seporate post doitmyself ... :) Thanks for the info ... much appreciated... Sounds like comercial shrunk down to domestic as this industry tends to do eh?

Do you know anywhere that sell the honeywell cm957 (opentherm rf)
It has been listed in Honeywell's literature for nearly two years, but still does not appear to be available in the UK. It may be available on the continent, but possibly not with English Language.

It has been listed in Honeywell's literature for nearly two years, but still does not appear to be available in the UK. It may be available on the continent, but possibly not with English Language.

Thanks.

Have to just see if i can get the Remeha iSense rf from continent. Unless antone knows where to get one from that delivery to uk

We used to fit these boilers all the time before moving on to Viessmann, we always used Drayton Digistat RF 2 or RF3, there is a multi-pin plug on the boiler, no 5 goes to N on receiver, 4 goes to L on receiver, 1 goes to 3 on receiver, leave link 4 to 3 on boiler and link L to 1 on receiver. easy.
Brilliant boilers but not many can fix them when they go wrong, early ones had 240 volt fans, then they swapped to 24 volt, so if fan goes you need to change the pcb, but they will supply pcb FOC if you ring them and ask for it.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless Programmer for Remeha 28c - Suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock