Search the forum,

Discuss Wilo Gold 50 Pump Replacement Advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
I currently have a Wilo Gold 50 Central Heating Pump that after 20 years is now very noisy (no air in it) and is generally on its way out so I'm looking to replace it.
I've been looking around for alternatives that are a lot more energy efficient and being the cheap skate I am 😏, not going to break the bank so under £75.
Looking for a new pump and not used/refurbished etc...
Obviously a bit of a minefield but I've narrowed it down to these three so far so wondered if anyone had any experience of these pumps or could advise on which may be the better? Is there any functionality, safety features or similar that possibly makes one better than another, albeit I think they may be much of a much-ness?
I'm also presuming these would all work as a direct replacement to the existing Wilo as they're all "25/60 130" with the same thread size?

CURA-GPA-25-6-II (Max input power of 45W) - circa £54 with p&p

DAB EVOSTA 3 (Max input power of 35W) - £72

SMITHS ES2 25/60-130 (Max input power of 42W) - £70

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to Wilo Gold 50 Pump Replacement Advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock