Discuss Williams website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with login is it comes up with a code kCFErrorDomainwinsock:10054 and says safari can't open it.

When you click the basket icon using iPad it doesn't do anything, I have to hold basket icon the let go so it give option of open, open in new tab, copy and or copy the page link only way to access basket is to open in new tab.

I quite like the new site, the search function is vastly improved. Perhaps the 'mega menus' are a tad 'busy'. Bit too much going on so it doesn't fit on the laptop screen very well. But overall I like it.

I rarely use the site as I don’t have to buy much :) But given this thread I thought I would have a look around.
Using a laptop I logged in immediately and browsed around. I like the mega menu. I added things to my basket and removed them all without a problem. Site was very quick.
All in all, for me, a great improvement on the old site.

Thanks for all the input so far, and please keep it coming.

Its enormously useful - whether positive or negative (we obviously have something going wrong, as some of our earliest and most enthusiastic supporters are experiencing a degradation of service) - but the most valuable thing is a) to understand what device and browser you are using, and b) to have a clear understanding of how any problems manifest themselves.

I may even dole out freebies to people who are very helpful in detailing problems, which provides out techies with a starting point for a solution. Except Adam obviously. Freebies just excite him, and then he gets over-tired, and we all know where that leads...

Just tried logging in on my newish laptop that ive had for around 3 months and would you believe it logs me in. So i suppose i dont really have any issues with the laptop when i moved around its good to use. But the issues are apparent on the ipad which i do use a lot.

1. When you go to the basket tap the icon nothing happens you have to keep you fingers pressed on for it to give you the option of opening or open in another tab etc.

After comparing between laptop and tablet the laptop website is far easier to navigate.

Problems for me last few weeks using iPad. Everything works, except the basket button! So can't complete or edit the order. I gave up last time, but decided to call. Nice guy on the end of the phone who completed on the phone.
I've turned iPad on/off deleted history ( a common theme!! :blush5:) but still won't work. I'm not sure what iOS im using, if it's not the latest, it's the one before. Works perfectly on my phone on the same router.
Hope this helps the it dept.

iPad & iPhone both on latest iOS website works fine on iPhone seems like just the iPads have the issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock