Discuss Williams & Co Fareham - reborn 4th April 2014 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

What the Eff have I done?

Well, last Friday I signed more legal documents in one sitting than I have signed in my entire life before. By the end of it, I wouldnt be surprised if I had taken out a new american express card, subscribed to the Readers Digest for the rest of my life and joined the foreign legion.

And the upshot is that we have acquired a new head-office, branch, ecommerce fulfilment and distribution complex of such a size that it is bigger than our next 10 largest branches combined. Spread over two major buildings on a campus that includes a 40 space car park, 4 loading bays, 2 main access roads, we are seriously considering getting some golf buggies just to get round the site.

Here's an overhead of the site with our bits subtly shaded in :)

Williamsoverhead.jpg

The white rectangles lined up towards the centre of the pic are 40 ft trailers.

Heres a pic of the inside of the smaller building

unit111.jpg

I daren't go in the larger building in case I get agrophobic.

What the actual F**K was I thinking?

Wish us luck. And for those of you that know Ian, wish him luck next time you speak to him, because this is his new train set. I just get to pay the bills. Well, no actually you lot get to pay the bills. Oh ****.

Ray

Attachments

• Williamsoverheadproposed.jpg
    Williamsoverheadproposed.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 126
Wow no way. That is pretty intimidating and exciting too. The empire continues to grow. Congrats Ray.

Wow no way. That is pretty intimidating and exciting too. The empire continues to grow. Congrats Ray.

Thanks Mutley. To be honest, I am in "bricking it" mode now.

It all seemed so sensible before we actually had to sign the documents.

And he still can't get me a coat! Good on ya ray hope it all works out mate. At least I'll be able to find a parking space. Give me a shout when you've got a job going for me!

Congrats ray, obviously business isn't doing to bad!

Well business is OK Lachlan, but I couldn't possibly justify this on the basis of our current size. This is either a bold statement of our intent to challenge the nationals and beat them at their own game, or the most embarrassing case of a couple of pompey bog-salesmen getting above themselves that you can possibly imagine.

Only time will tell. :)

nice one Ray!! tell the truth you got those so you've got somewhere to store your future bulb purchases didn't you!?

And he still can't get me a coat! Good on ya ray hope it all works out mate. At least I'll be able to find a parking space. Give me a shout when you've got a job going for me!

No problem Adam. Just let me know when you are ready for an honest day's work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams & Co Fareham - reborn 4th April 2014 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock