Discuss Will I get into Loads of TROUBLE? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
For the past three days, at least One of the Four cockerels we have (There are 4 chicks and 4 cockerels) has started crowing early in the morning.
He starts his song (cock-a-doodool-do) at exactly six am sharpiest and unfailingly. Does at least five crows, then repeats same exactly every 30 minutes there after?

My worry is will the neighbours get to the point where they will shop me to the council?
If they do, is there any action the council can take?
People keep dogs that bark at all hours, so I do not see what the trouble is? Besides, at 6am, most peeps should be up anyway.

BTW, I was not responsible for buying the cockerels. The missus brought them home when they were just two weeks old and it never occured to me that because their colour was ''whitish'', they would grow up to be cockerels. But being the house is mine and all bills in my name, I suspect if there is a problem, I will be the one taking the can.

My missus said same, but I am worried the cockerels are now classed as pets as they have been known to the kids for all this while.

It will be in your title deeds if you can keep them.
Just pull the heads off the cockrels and get some new hens.
Tell her a fox got them.

Btw you can't tell if they are cockrels until they are about 4 weeks old

We have bantams at ours, one cockerel which apparently makes a racket in the morning, I sleep right through it lol

My neighbour got a cockerel. It was the most selfish thing he could do. The only reason I didnt shoot it is he would probably shoot my cat, then I would have to shoot his wife (dog anyway).
You have to have some insane neighbours if they are forgiving about yapping dogs and cockerels.
Wait until the days get lighter and they start up at 0400 like we had this summer, I am still traumatized and now need to get my therapist on her 24hr help line.........
In the end he got rid of it as after 3 months of me phoning him between 0400 and 0600hrs (they slept with their windows closed, ours are always open), he got the message.

If you read between the lines of my vague response, you may find I am slightly against the idea.
:)

I believe you can get I trouble with environmental health as it comes under noise pollution if a few people start complaining. I would definitely try and smooth it over with the neighbours. Tell them you'll supply some eggs when the girls start laying, that may smooth things out, ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will I get into Loads of TROUBLE? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. New to the forum, bit about myself left school straight to college 4 years and completed NVQ level 2&3 and was qualified gas fitter...
Replies
Views
L
Hey guys. I'm not a plumber, just a guy who's having some trouble with his boiler looking for some impartial advice before any money gets spent...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock