Discuss Will an external thermostat allow me to set two different temperature for water/heating? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

ade

Hello team,

first of all, I apologise if this isn't the right section of the forum to ask, if so, please dear moderator, move the thread!

I am here to ask help as I just moved in a new house where I have a boiler that doesn't allow me to specify the temperature for water or for the heating but that's unique. This means that in order to have the radiators very hot I need to have boiling water from the sink.

My boiler model is:

Worcester bosch greenstar 28i junior

To save some £ I will soon buy an external thermostat (Netatmo) and wifi valves, but I was wondering, since I will then chose the temperature using the thermostat, will the water temperature follow what I manually chose the boiler to (1,2,3,4 etc)?

So, will having an external thermostat fix the issue and make me able to have two different temperature for water/heating?

Many thanks!

Hi, thank you for your reply,
Can you please elaborate a little bit? How the boiler will understand to what temperature the water is supposed to be heated?

Why can you not adjust the boiler water temperature of the WB 28i Greenstar Junior with the knob on the bottom left hand side?
If I reduce it to have just the water from the sink warm enough but not extremely hot, then the radiators are not hot at all but just like lukewarm

If I reduce it to have just the water from the sink warm enough but not extremely hot, then the radiators are not hot at all but just like lukewarm

do you have two controls dials or one ? (On the boiler)

Reply to Will an external thermostat allow me to set two different temperature for water/heating? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back