Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss wickes combi 82 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

went to this tonight seems like aps fault but can any one tell me one of the aps pipes goes fro the fan to a tee ontotp of the boiler then onto the aps .the t part is open ended is this correct or should it have a cap

Ya should have a cap if its sticks out the top. try it with something blocking it bet it will fire and work properly.

Probably got knocked off if they store stuff above it.

cheers mate it did work when I plugged it with my finger - but they said no one has ever been up ontop of the boiler .boiler fired when I removed front cover will have to think what I can plug it with as I doudt I will get one from parts supplier

went to this tonight seems like aps fault but can any one tell me one of the aps pipes goes fro the fan to a tee ontotp of the boiler then onto the aps .the t part is open ended is this correct or should it have a cap

It should have a black cap ontop of it. Like a cap on a worcester fan test point. It's a flue sample point. If you take it off and run the boiler, it will go straight to lock out.

Im sure wickes boilers are re badged halsteads

Last edited:
I'll probably get shot down for this but as a temp blutack..Had to do it before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably get shot down for this but as a temp blutack..Had to do it before.

It would definitely work :)

But, I personally woukdnt do it, as far as that customer is aware the boiler is working and they might not let you in to put things right, then you've for a potentially ID situation on your hands that you've caused :(

Thats why when i do the blutack trick i grow a beard beforehand....:)

found out how cap went missing the cat sits on the boiler they think it may have ate it lol

Was cap original problem Buckley ?

Was cap original problem Buckley ?

was called to it not working hot water and htg stopped - removed cover and boiler fired - checked aps and tubes and noticed the tee bit and no cap put finger over tee and boiler worked so assume that was it - fitted a piece of aps tube and doubled it over with cable tie for now .trying to source cap

was called to it not working hot water and htg stopped - removed cover and boiler fired - checked aps and tubes and noticed the tee bit and no cap put finger over tee and boiler worked so assume that was it - fitted a piece of aps tube and doubled it over with cable tie for now .trying to source cap
Not sure if it applies but a dust cap fits some of em. Or even a domed nut like some ideals have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wickes combi 82 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock