Search the forum,

Discuss Why should lowest branch connection be at least 450 mm from invert? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shevek

UK drainage regs say: "for single dwellings up to three storeys high, the distance between the centre line of the lowest branch connection and the invert of the drainshould be at least 450mm."

What's the technical reason for this?

prevents back pressure. which is a pressure build up of compressed air at the foot of the stack which could cause trap seals to fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why should lowest branch connection be at least 450 mm from invert? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. DIY guy here, not a plumber of any experience. I would be grateful for constructive critique of the drainage design presented by this diagram, accompanied by the following notes and questions: 1) On the left is dishwasher, on the right is washing machine. Purple lines represent standard...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've had a new Ideal Vogue boiler installed with a T6 wired thermostat so the OpenTherm is activated as confirmed by the boiler. I also have the outdoor sensor installed but I now understand that when OpenTherm is used it ignores the outdoor sensor...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference between French and English plumbing at first glance, but when you have a closer look, its has different as chalk is to cheese For a start not many...
Replies
Views
J
Hello. I'm currently halfway, just short of, through a ND for I.T practitioners in Software Development at college, I chose it as I have a passion for games *which 16 almost 17 year old does lad does?* and since I was younger have wanted to design them or work in I.T. I'm now finding that rather...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock