Search the forum,

Discuss Why I rarely convert weekend quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just had someone call me up asking if I can fit them in for a quote on a Saturday morning. Sure thing I said, but I can only do up till 10am start at the latest as I'm off to Leeds with the missus this weekend. Oh, can't you do midday they ask? We have to travel down from Leeds. It's 2 hours away tops lol.

So basically they can't be arsed to have an evening appointment like everyone else does and want me to run around after them at the weekend for a small en-suite job. I think I'm working out why I've yet to convert a weekend quote. They will be wanting the job done for sod all next too.

I really should be charging for quote appointments at the weekend to be honest.

End of grump.

I just go, 0900 Monday is ok for me, then listen to the silence. Same as those that say can you get to us on a weekday, I finish and get home at six thirty, my reponse is normally, I've been home since six, more silence :):)

I lost 2 boiler quotes last month because I wouldn't do the quote on the weekend or in the evening.

I would rather loose the job than give up a Saturday for a boiler change quote that you might not get anyway. If I'm quiet then I probably would but if they won't make the effort to leave work earlier or take a day off then I won't go out.

I won't quote for anything other than a boiler chAnge or large job that's more thAn a days work. I just quote hourly rate plus materials. I make so much more money by eliminating time wasters or cheap skates and can concentrate on actual paid work rather than waste hours on surveys and typing up quotes.

I lost 2 boiler quotes last month because I wouldn't do the quote on the weekend or in the evening.

I would rather loose the job than give up a Saturday for a boiler change quote that you might not get anyway. If I'm quiet then I probably would but if they won't make the effort to leave work earlier or take a day off then I won't go out.

I won't quote for anything other than a boiler chAnge or large job that's more thAn a days work. I just quote hourly rate plus materials. I make so much more money by eliminating time wasters or cheap skates and can concentrate on actual paid work rather than waste hours on surveys and typing up quotes.

+1 to this!

I do all my quotes in the evenings. Think you're missing a trick there.
I'm always really busy and can't keep up with the work I have as it is so I don't need the work. If I was ever quiet I probably would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why I rarely convert weekend quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out opinions of whether anyone thinks they're decent quotes of not? I've already ripped out the existing vanity/loo/shower tray/screen/tiles. I've also lifted...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
C
Hello there. I wonder whether anyone could suggest what may be the issue with the hot water in my bathroom. I have asked four different plumbers who have come to the house to do work and none of them had a clue. Basically, when I turn on the hot tap on the bath, black bits come out in the...
Replies
Views
CharlieMcT
C
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock