Search the forum,

Discuss Why I don't advertise on facebook.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
why i dont do fb plumbing.png

Just hope for his sake it’s a 2 part else he’s decked :D

The post has gone now but an actual plumber said he'd put a new syphon in for £50 and they tore him a new one...
I remember one last year of someone doing outside taps for £25, absolute joke.

As in they were having a go at him for £50 being too expensive?

How on earth is anyone doing an outside tap install for £25, it costs that much just to turn up to the front door once you factor in all of your costs!

I was wandering whether it might be worth setting up a facebook page to advertise (planning to move to London at the end of the year from Birmingham for family reasons and the bulk of my word of mouth is currently back in Brum), clearly not worth wasting my time with!

You can do a syphon in 30 minutes? On a 20 year old toilet where the bolts are corroded?

snap them off / multi tool can get a cistern off the wall in 10 mins max

used to race in granted works whole bathroom stripped in an 30 mins to an hour not breaking anything

I usually only charge about £30 - £40 for fixing close coupled toilets faulty siphons. I try to replace the siphon washer if possible.
Some can be fixed within an hour.
But it isn’t enough money.

I usually charge around £60 in Brum for a syphon replacement (£80-£90 when down in London) and unless its really tiny toilet cut rusted wingnuts off with the angle grinder.

Nice! Do they work as well as they do in the video? Reminds me of the old fashioned profile/contour guages, used to be fascinated by my grandads one, inherrited all of his tools and I still carry it around despite pretty much never using it. I like tools way too much, the missus' eyes glaze over the minute the topic comes up :D

They do work Won’t toque down a bolt but will do medium to light things cheap enough to replace once a year tho

Reply to Why I don't advertise on facebook.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock