Search the forum,

Discuss Why do I have hot water but no central heating??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not a scooby

Hello, can anyone help me.

I have an Ideal FF30 minimiser SE boiler. I am running a Horstmann HRFS1 programable timer with it. The hot water is working fine. Switched on the central heating last night and nothing.:smartass: The thermostat is working fine, the little fan sign shows it is alerting the receive, checked the receiver and the little green lights comes on saying it has received the message but nothing, boiler does not ignite. Tried putting on the hot water at the same time ignites but still no hot radiators. Have bleed the radiators but nothing to bleed, water straight out. Have been in the roof and checked the water level in the black box as this is a open vent system and all is good. Have tried powering everything off and back on but still nothing.

Any Ideas?????

It could be the valve that controls the heating can you send photos of controls in cylinder cupboard

It could be the valve that controls the heating can you send photos of controls in cylinder cupboard

I just discovered I have some heat from an upstairs radiator but no where else, so if a valve would that still happen??

Photos would help or its just gesswork

IMG_0807.jpg

Sorry, don"t know why it rotated the picture. :willy_nilly:

Is the leaver on the grey power head moving ? if not motor could be US, remove the power head and then see if motor moves if it does then its the brass body that has sized up, If one or the other is at fault replace the complete valve

Is the leaver on the grey power head moving ? if not motor could be US, remove the power head and then see if motor moves if it does then its the brass body that has sized up, If one or the other is at fault replace the complete valve

Now I a man gonna sound stupid but the little black lever yes moves but doesn't seem very connected to anything and is very wiggly?? Grey power head being the mid position valve??

Sounds like it may be getting a constant power so stuck in one position? Are you proficient with a multimeter?

Wonder if it has cable to hot water off? Hate three port valves would ban them!

Sounds like it may be getting a constant power so stuck in one position? Are you proficient with a multimeter?

No unfortunately not, think it is time for a professional little bit out of my depth!

A common problem at this time of year when people require heating, having not used it during the summer.Your motorized valve includes a micro switch which when closed activates the boiler. If the mechanism is worn any extra resistance built up during the summer months results in micro switch contacts failing to close and the boiler not firing. The manual opening lever on the motorized valve, MV. can be used to open the valve for the heating circuit and will sometimes free up the movement allowing the MV to function correctly. The alternative until MV is replaced:- Remove head, call for hot water and set spindle on valve to send primary flow through radiators.
Leave head with all wires attached. Often when parted from spindle, head will function correctly and call for heat, but spindle must still be set manually according to demand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why do I have hot water but no central heating??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock